Partners with Business is a cost-effective way to support workers with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to be successful on the job. Partners with Business capitalizes on the natural supports (coworkers and supervisors) in the workplace and compliments this natural support with more formal supports when necessary for job success. These more formal supports can include assistive technology, co-workers, or job coaches from a vocational support agency.
This toolkit contains fact sheets for employers and information for vocational support agencies and school staff to implement the Partners with Business model.
- PWB Overview FAQ
- PWB Agreement FAQs
- Coworker Support Plan
- Agreement Template
- Employer Invoice Template
- Coworker Training Slides
Partners with Business in Action:
Click here to view the entire toolkit.
Videos of Youth with Disabilities Working
One of the best ways to appreciate how employment can work for employers and people with disabilities is to see real life examples of it happening. Below are the employment stories of youth who have participated in the Let’s Get to Work project.
Cullen’s Employment Story (2:55)
Brandon’s Employment Story (2:15)
Alexis’s Employment Story (2:00)
James’ Employment Story (1:15)
Additional Helpful Resources for Employers
- Marketing and Job Development: The Business side of the Process (archived webinar)
- Supervising Employees with Intellectual Disabilities
- Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
- A Toolkit for Employers: Connecting Youth and Business
- Think Beyond the Label
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace – posted with permission of ASSE, publisher of Professional Safety
- Customized Employment – Solutions for Employers (video)
- Assistive Technology for Employers and Businesses
- Job Accommodations Network (JAN) (workplace accommodations)
- Disability.gov – Employment Resources
- Read Partners with Business: Solutions for Creating a Welcoming and Diverse Workplace to learn the basics of the Partners with Business Model.
- For additional information, check out Partners with Businesses: More Helpful Information for Employers
- Partners with Business Model in the Workplace (video)
- Partners With Business (PowerPoint)
“Going to Work” Youth Video Series
- Video #1: Meet the Characters (5:34)
- Video #2: Understanding Your Disability and Self-Advocacy Skills (6:34)
- Video #3: Disclosing Your Disability(5:59)
- Video #4: Job Interview Skills (5:32)
- Video #5: Asking for Accommodations on the Job (5:54)
For More Information:
Shannon Webb at (608) 318 – 0700 or email@example.com